The Extreme Light Infrastructure ERIC (ELI ERIC) is the world’s largest and most advanced high-power laser research infrastructure. As an international user facility dedicated to multi-disciplinary science, ELI provides access to world-class high-power, high-repetition-rate laser systems and enables cutting-edge research, as well as breakthrough technological innovations. The ELI ERIC operates as a single multi-site organization with two complementary facilities specialized in different fields of research with extreme light: ELI Beamlines in Dolní Břežany (Czech Republic) and ELI ALPS in Szeged (Hungary).
ELI Beamlines Facility operates four cutting-edge high-power femtosecond laser systems reaching unprecedented intensities. The operational laser systems make unique femtosecond sources of X-rays and accelerated particles available to scientific users for pioneering research in physical, chemical, materials, life and medical sciences as well as physics of dense plasmas, warm dense matter, and laboratory astrophysics. The ELI Beamlines Facility employs over 350 researchers, engineers and other professionals from more than 38 countries.
In our team we have the following position available:
Leader of Engineering Support Group (174)
The Department of Technology Infrastructure and Instrumentation Services of ELI Beamlines has a vacancy for a leader Engineering Support Group (ESG). The group provides expert technical support of commissioning activities, upgrades, and operation of complex scientific instrumentation. This includes in particular large scale in vacuum laser beam transport systems, secondary sources driven by high peak power lasers and experimental user stations with various optics and targets operated in vacuum. The group leader manages a team of approximately fifteen technical staff and coordinates the activities with the activities with Scientific groups, Control Systems Group, Installations Group and Department of Construction and Design Support.
- management of an expert team providing engineering and technical support to the scientific groups during design, installation, and commissioning of the experimental equipment
- coordination of commissioning and maintenance activities of mechanical part of scientific instrumentation of ELI Beamlines
- responsibility for implementation and management of mechanical systems and laser beam transport systems
- responsibility for coordination of technical documents processing
- preparation of technical documents for tenders
- coordination with other expert teams
- university degree in technical field or natural sciences (PhD preferred)
- proven experience in design and development of complex technological systems (research infrastructures preferably)
- ability to understand scientific needs, strong leadership capability, effective time management, prioritisation, and delegation skills
- familiarity with photonics industry
- excellent command of English
- experience in coordination and management of a small team
- high quality communication, and interpersonal skills
- previous knowledge of UHV vacuum systems and work in cleanroom environment.
- experience in public tender preparation
- experience in cooperation with industry sector
- the opportunity to participate in this unique scientific project
- career growth, professional education
- competitive and motivating salary
- flexible working hours
- nice and friendly working environment
- meal allowance and canteen
- support of leisure time activities
- 5 weeks of holidays and 6 days of personal leave
- other employee benefits
Information on the processing of personal data can be found on https://www.eli-beams.eu/informace-o-zpracovani-vasich-osobnich-udaju-gdpr/. We are an equal opportunity employer