The successful applicant will focus on the study of low dimensional materials with the group of dr. Martin Kalbáč at J. Heyrovsky Institute of Physical Chemistry. Top ranked research institute in the Czech Republic, named by the only Czech Nobel prize winner in science, holds HR award.
The group is evaluated as a top research group in the Czech academy of sciences. There is well established research in the field of nanomaterials, in particular carbon nanotubes, graphene and other 2D materials. Long term success in the research funding enabled us to build and equip the lab with a broad range of instrumentation including very specialized and unique systems. Further information can be found at www.nanocarbon.cz
Type of contract: Temporary
Job status: Full time
- Ph.D. in physics or chemistry
- Practical experience with electrochemical reduction of carbon dioxide using copper catalyst
The personality which will fit our group
- positive thinking
- ability to work both independently and in the team
- excitement for scientific work
- hard working, active person
- experience with leadership of students
How we boost your carrier
▪ Mentoring – regular discussion of the project both individually and within the group.
▪ Making contacts within the community- possibility to participate in international conferences, introduction and
discussion with the scientist visiting our group.
▪ Improving your publication track record – participating in different and multidisciplinary projects
▪ Motivation – you will be treated according to your performance.
Description of work
Design, characterization and testing of the catalyst for electrochemical carbon dioxide reduction.
- 25 days paid leave of absence (holidays) per year + 3 days of paid sick-leave in addition to the statutory insurance
- Flexible working-time, the possibility of part-time work, work-life balance
- Lunch vouchers
- Subsidy for sports and cultural activities
- Recreation subsidy, recreation subsidy for children
- Possibility of attending children groups of the CAS
- Possibility to use discounts in recreation centers of the CAS
- Sports goods rental, free parking, trade union library
- Language courses
- Attractive location
- Health and social insurance paid mandatory by the institute
By providing us with your personal data in your CV, you have allowed J. Heyrovský Institute of Physical Chemistry to process and file your CV in the HR database. Your personal data will be used for the internal HR needs of the J. Heyrovský Institute of Physical Chemistry only. At the same time, you confirm herewith that the personal data as stated in the CV you have sent to us is true and accurate.