We are seeking a postdoctoral researcher to join the research group of Vladimira Petrakova at the J. Heyrovský Institute of Physical Chemistry in Prague. Our project aims to advance the field of light engineering by developing innovative tools for sub-diffraction manipulation of light using fluorophores and plasmonic nanoparticles. Our research employs techniques such as single molecule localization microscopy, DNA nanotechnology, and machine learning to create and reconstruct plasmon-modulated images.
This position is for a duration of 3.5 years, with the potential for research stays in collaborating laboratories throughout Europe. Our group is rapidly growing and offers a dynamic, open, friendly, and collaborative environment. We value independence, diversity, and inclusivity.
The ideal candidate will hold a PhD in physics or a related field, with a focus on light-matter interaction or electromagnetic fields. Experience in the modeling of electromagnetic fields or light manipulation is highly desirable. Knowledge of plasmonics, plasmon-enhanced fluorescence, or enhanced Raman scattering is an advantage. We welcome both theoreticians and experimentalists to apply. The project is highly interdisciplinary and will require excellent communication skills and a curiosity about other fields. Further information can be found at petrakova-group.eu.
The position will be open for applications until filled and has a flexible starting date in 2023.
Type of contract: Temporary
Job status: Full-time
- 25 days paid leave of absence (holidays) per year + 3 days of paid sick-leave in addition to the statutory insurance
- Flexible working-time, the possibility of part-time work, work-life balance
- Lunch vouchers
- Subsidy for sports and cultural activities
- Recreation subsidy, recreation subsidy for children
- Possibility of attending children groups of the CAS
- Possibility to use discounts in recreation centers of the CAS
- Sports goods rental, free parking, trade union library
- Language courses
- Attractive location
- Health and social insurance paid mandatory by the institute
By providing us your personal data in your CV, you have allowed J. Heyrovský Institute of Physical Chemistry to process and file your CV in the HR database. Your personal data will be used for the internal HR needs of the J. Heyrovský Institute of Physical Chemistry only. At the same time, you confirm herewith that the personal data as stated in the CV you have sent to us is true and accurate.