The HBV Cure group at IOCB Prague lead by Gabriel Birkuš is focused on the discovery of novel therapies to treat chronic hepatitis B, cancer, and inflammatory disorders.
We are seeking a highly motivated postdoc to join our multidisciplinary team to participate in various aspects of immunology, molecular biology and cell biology for in vitro and in vivo experiments for project focusing on development of STING activators.
We offer you the opportunity to master laboratory work in a top international team and participate in the development of compounds for the future treatment of serious diseases.
- Participation in in vivo experiments concerning treatment of various cancer types
- Analysis of immune response by qPCR and cytokine immunoprecipitation, ELISA
- Working with tissue cultures
- Preparation of expression constructs and stable cell lines
- Immunofluorescence and FACS analysis, western blots
- Data processing and analysis utilizing special programs such as FlowJo, Prism GraphPad, SnapGene
What knowledge and skills you should have:
- PhD with preference in a field related to immunology, molecular biology, biochemistry
- Previous laboratory experience, working with mice is an advantage
- Knowledge of standard immunology/molecular biology/biochemistry techniques
- Person highly project dedicated, independent and reliable
- Basic computer skills such as Microsoft Office
- Good communication
- Stable background of an internationally recognized scientific institution
- Working in a progressive multidisciplinary scientific team of medicinal chemists, virologists, immunologists, computational chemists, and biochemists.
- Training, with possible opportunities in the form of specialized courses
- Competitive financial remuneration
- 5 weeks of vacation + 3 sick days
- Financial support for parents with children under 4 years of age returning to work after maternity/parental leave
- Employee benefits (allowance for meals, own catering facilities in the IOCB building, allowance for supplementary pension insurance / leisure activities, Multisport card, discounted language training)
- Full-time employment contract initially for 1 year with the possibility of extension
- Start date: immediately or by agreement
How to apply:
If you do not hear from us within 3 weeks, we have decided to proceed with another candidate. Thank you for your understanding.
Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry of the CAS / IOCB Prague is a leading internationally recognized scientific institution whose primary mission is the pursuit of basic research in chemical biology and medicinal chemistry, organic and materials chemistry, chemistry of natural substances, biochemistry and molecular biology, physical chemistry, theoretical chemistry, and analytical chemistry. An integral part of the IOCB Prague’s mission is the implementation of the results of basic research in practice. Emphasis on interdisciplinary research gives rise to a wide range of applications in medicine, pharmacy, and other fields.