Mendel University in Brno announces a selection procedure for the position of academic staff member:
Assistant or Assistant Professor for The Department of Agrochemistry, Soil Science, Microbiology and Plant Nutrition
Research field: Soil chemistry and microbiology
What will you do?
- independently and in a team to solve scientific research and project tasks, including international
- conduct and evaluate biological experiments
- engage in publishing activities
- pursue teaching activities
- cooperate in an organic farming experiment run by the ÚKZÚZ (Central Institute for Supervising and testing in Agriculture)
What do we require from you?
- at least a completed master's degree in agriculture, a doctoral degree is an advantage
- ability to teach in Czech (native speaker level) and English, publish in English
- demonstrable experience in publishing
- experience with teaching (or minimum teaching qualification)
- experience with preparing and submitting grants and projects
What research experience do we require?
- experience with the preparation and execution of research projects
- practice in field experimentation and organic farming
- experience with laboratory analysis in soil physics, chemistry and biology
What else do we appreciate?
- communicative and organizational skills
- willingness to grow and cooperate in research activities of the Institute, Faculty and University, including foreign cooperation and internships
What can we offer you?
- professional growth possibility of promotion to the position of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor or Professor (after the habilitation procedure)
- 8 weeks of vacation
- regular training activities, participation in conferences, seminars etc.
- very diverse and interesting academic and scientific research environment
- work-life balance
- advantages of the university environment, such as sports courses of the Center for Sports Activities, Counseling and Professional Center, libraries (these activities are mostly free)
- meal allowance (Edenred Card/Canteen)
- discounted MultiSport Card
- ITIC card
- university kindergarten, summer suburban camps for employees ‘children
work in an institution that has received the HR Excellence in Research Award from the European Commission
Expected start: August 2023, fixed-term employment from 1 August 2023 to 31 December 2024
Job status: 0,5 (20 hours/week)
Place of work: Brno
- a professional CV including an overview of involvement in research projects
- cover letter
- list of publications
- overview of academic teaching
How does the selection procedure work for us? orlz.mendelu.cz/en/selection-procedure