The Extreme Light Infrastructure ERIC (ELI ERIC) is the world’s largest and most advanced high-power laser research infrastructure. As an international user facility dedicated to multi-disciplinary science, ELI provides access to world-class high-power, high-repetition-rate laser systems and enables cutting-edge research, as well as breakthrough technological innovations. The ELI ERIC operates as a single multi-site organization with two complementary facilities specialized in different fields of research with extreme light: ELI Beamlines in Dolní Břežany (Czech Republic) and ELI ALPS in Szeged (Hungary).
ELI Beamlines Facility operates four cutting-edge high-power femtosecond laser systems reaching unprecedented intensities. The operational laser systems make unique femtosecond sources of X-rays and accelerated particles available to scientific users for pioneering research in physical, chemical, materials, life and medical sciences as well as physics of dense plasmas, warm dense matter, and laboratory astrophysics. The ELI Beamlines Facility employs over 350 researchers, engineers and other professionals from more than 38 countries.
At the ELI Beamlines facility the Department for Plasma Physics and Ultra-high Intensity Interaction (dpt. 89) has an open position for:
Operation and Infrastructure Engineering Physicist (186)
- you participate in the user operations and research activities at the P3 experimental platform
- will engage with the development of new experimental instrumentation, diagnostics, and in laser delivery
- take in charge detector development (e.g. for neutrons)
- overseeing the installation and performance of laboratory infrastructures
- assembling vacuum, opto-mechanical and other systems in cleanroom environment (ISO-7/ISO-5)
- general support of the scientific activities of the research team including technology subsystems
- cooperation with users and other research and technical teams at ELI Beamlines
- university degree in Physics, Technical or Natural sciences, or similar
- prior work or demonstrated suitable professional experience relevant to the above listed job description
- pro-active, team oriented with excellent communication skills
- ability to develop new cutting-edge instruments and technologies, including instrument control and data acquisition and processing
- excellent communication and writing skills in English, a strong interest to work with user support
- ability to manage multiple tasks, and work as a key part of an international interdisciplinary team
- experience with or background in high voltage equipment and/or vacuum systems is an advantage
- willingness to travel abroad and participate in international scientific campaigns
- experience with CAD etc.
- prior experience in the field of laser-plasma interaction would be a big plus
- the opportunity to work in a creative scientific environment supporting an international user community in cutting edge research
- a brand-new laboratory, where highly innovative techniques are being developed and tested
- competitive and motivating salary
- pleasant working environment
- possibility of long term employment for proven experts
- meal allowance, pension contribution, 5 weeks holiday and 6 days of personal leave
- support of leisure time activities
Information on the processing of personal data can be found on https://www.eli-beams.eu/informace-o-zpracovani-vasich-osobnich-udaju-gdpr/. We are an equal opportunity employer.