Dean of Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science VSB - Technical University of Ostrava announces a selection procedure for a post of VP9 Researcher (junior/postdoc) 2 for Department of Cybernetics and Biomedical Engineering for project LERCO - Life Environment Research Center Ostrava (CZ.10.03.01/00/22_003/0000003) research program 9 “Biomedical Enginering”.
The position is suitable for both women and men.
Biomedical Engineering – Telemedicine, eHealth
- Research and development of new technical solutions and carrying out experiments and analyses relevant to one of the specified research directions:
- Non-contact monitoring of vital signs
- Technology for monitoring therapy in the home environment
- Assistive technologies to improve quality of life and prevent risk events in home (hospital) environment.
- Collaboration with research groups locally, nationally and internationally.
- Publication of results in peer-reviewed journals, presentation of findings at national/international scientific meetings, contribution to the results of intellectual property protection.
- Compliance with procedures and processes following the requirements of the grant provider.
Full time equivalent: 1,0
Number of positions: 3
Type of job contract: fixed-term employment contract for one year with the possibility of extension based on regular results evaluation
Expected start of employment: 1. 11. 2023 or as agreed
Salary: 75 000 CZK per month (approx. 3000 EUR) gross
- completed Ph.D. degree in Biomedical Engineering or related field, preferably focused on telemedicine, wearable devices, biosensors, vital signs monitoring,
- knowledge of English language at B2 level,
- publication activity in traditional journals exclusively focused on biomedical engineering, (we require at least 2 publications in impacted journals in the 1st quartile in the field of biomedical engineering or related according to Scopus/WoS),
- an internship abroad of at least 4 months or previous experience in a research project of a minimum duration of 1 year at a minimum of 0.4 FTE with a share in the output of intellectual property protection such as patent or utility model,
- flexibility, motivation for scientific work,
- the ability to work as a team, but also to be independent.
- work in a promising organization,
- modern laboratory and classroom facilities,
- opportunity to participate in excellent research,
- possibility of further education,
- 6 weeks of holidays,
- flexible working hours,
- free parking on the university campus for employees,
- contribution to supplementary pension scheme,
- university kindergarten,
- company catering in the canteen,
- MultiSport card,
- other employee benefits according to the employer's offer.
Your personal data will be processed to the extent necessary for the implementation of the selection procedure in accordance with EU Regulation 2016/679.
- a CV focused on professional experience,
- a covering letter explaining your interest in the position,
- a list of publications and projects undertaken,
- two recommendation letters describing: relationship to the applicant, past work/academic performance, work qualities/personal conduct, overall assessment of potential for success in a research environment,
- evidence of educational qualifications
send by email to the address:
till 15. 10. 2023
In the subject of the email, please state "VP9 Researcher (junior/postdoc) 2".