The Faculty of Science, Charles University (Prague, Czech Republic) invites applications for a Researcher position in the Department of Physical and Macromolecular Chemistry (https://physchem.cz/research/heterogeneous-catalysis-and-advanced-materials/).
The position is a part of CUCAM project – Charles University Centre of Advanced Materials (https://physchem.cz/research/cucam-project/).
The position is open for material scientists with a strong background in synthesis and characterization of catalyst materials using electron microscopy and diffraction techniques. The research will focus on structure determination of novel zeolite materials as well as microscopy studies on catalytically active materials. We offer work in an international research group at the Charles University, cooperation with world-class scientists and access to top-tier scientific instruments.
- Ph.D. or other appropriate level 8 ISCED (International Standard Classification of Education) qualification completed within the last seven years.
- The applicant must have had at least 2 published, peer-reviewed research outputs in the last 3 years.
- All research activities will be conducted in English (knowledge of the Czech language is not required)
- Advanced level of written and spoken English is required.
- Selection will be based on the relevance of candidates, professional interests and experience and on excellence in research achievements.
Position duration, starting date and remuneration:
- The starting date is 1. 10. 2023, (date is flexible and earlier start is possible).
- The gross monthly salary is in the range of 2100 - 2500 EUR, including health insurance and social insurance coverage.
- 5 weeks of holiday
- 5 extra days for personal growth
- flexible working hours
- support for further education
- catering allowance
- Multisport card is possible to arrange
Required application materials:
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum vitae with the list of publications included
- Contact details to 2 professional references
How to apply: