The Extreme Light Infrastructure ERIC (ELI ERIC) is the world’s largest and most advanced high-power laser research infrastructure. As an international user facility dedicated to multi-disciplinary science, ELI provides access to world-class high-power, high-repetition-rate laser systems and enables cutting-edge research, as well as breakthrough technological innovations. The ELI ERIC operates as a single multi-site organization with two complementary facilities specialized in different fields of research with extreme light: ELI Beamlines in Dolní Břežany (Czech Republic) and ELI ALPS in Szeged (Hungary).
ELI Beamlines Facility operates four cutting-edge high-power femtosecond laser systems reaching unprecedented intensities. The operational laser systems make unique femtosecond sources of X-rays and accelerated particles available to scientific users for pioneering research in physical, chemical, materials, life and medical sciences as well as physics of dense plasmas, warm dense matter, and laboratory astrophysics. The ELI Beamlines Facility employs over 350 researchers, engineers and other professionals from more than 38 countries.
In our team we have the following position available:
Postdoctoral fellow – plasma betatron (197)
- development, implementation, and operation of X-ray sources based on laser-driven relativistic electrons
- further development of diagnostics related to these sources
- active participation in user experiments employing these sources
- participation in planning, purchasing of equipment, and other activities necessary for the group projects
- experimental data treatment and analysis of the results, preparation of presentations and publications
- PhD in physics or related field
- experience with laser-driven X-ray sources is a plus
- good knowledge of spoken and written English necessary
- ability to conduct an independent research project
- opportunity to work in this unique international scientific institution
- competitive and motivating salary
- flexible working hours
- good working environment
- career growth, professional education
- meal allowance, pension contribution
- 5 weeks of holidays and 6 days of personal leave
- support of leisure time activities
Information on the processing of personal data can be found on https://www.eli-beams.eu/informace-o-zpracovani-vasich-osobnich-udaju-gdpr/. We are an equal opportunity employer.