The Institute of Photonics and Electronics v. v. i. invites applications for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow pursuing research on electrochemical sensing methods and their integration with optical biosensing methods. Join the Optical Biosensors research team (team leader Prof. Jiří Homola) and contribute to cutting-edge research in electrochemical sensing.
Do you want to use your knowledge and experience in electrochemical methods? Do you want to develop novel sensing platforms for studying material properties and cellular processes or detecting biomolecular analytes related to medical diagnostics or environmental monitoring? Are you enthusiastic about multidisciplinary projects where you can work closely with experts from various fields (photonics, microfluidics, chemistry, biology, or medicine)?
If your answer is yes, you should apply for this position!
The selected candidate will research and develop hybrid platforms combining optical biosensors based on surface plasmons with electrochemical methods (e.g., electrochemical impedance spectroscopy/imaging) and use them for studying 2D materials, cellular processes, or environmental sensing.
Specific tasks include:
- design, development, and characterization of hybrid platforms combining optical biosensors based on surface plasmons with electrochemical methods;
- investigation of electrochemical and plasmonic properties of 2D materials;
- application of the developed platform for the label-free dual detection of chemical and biological species;
- application of the developed platform for studying cellular secretion of proteins and ions (in cooperation with experts from the biology and biochemistry field).
- Ph. D. in electrical engineering, physical chemistry, chemical engineering, analytical chemistry, biophysics, or similar,
- experience in the field of electrochemistry and electrochemical methods,
- publication record in a relevant field of science,
- experience with biosensors (especially optical affinity biosensors) is of advantage.
- participation in exciting multidisciplinary research projects with a high societal impact;
- work in an international and inclusive research team and institution;
- outstanding research infrastructure, including multiple optical labs, cleanroom facilities, chemistry and biochemistry labs with support from professional lab technicians,
- language and professional training courses,
- full-time employment with five weeks of vacation and other benefits.
Terms of employment
Full-time employment contract for two years (with the possibility of an extension) starting from January 2024 or as soon as possible.
- cover letter,
- list of publications.
In the subject line of your email, please state that you are applying for a Postdoctoral research fellow position in Electrochemical Sensing.