Academic Staff Member - Lecturer for the Department of Planting Design and Maintenance
We are a modern university, teaching and researching agriculture, forestry, economic and technical disciplines in regional and international contexts. Since 2018, we have been the holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award for improving employee care, awarded to us as the first Czech university by the European Commission.
The Department of Planting Design and Maintenance in its pedagogical, research, artistic and creative activities is focused on the issues of establishment, maintenance, management, evaluation and protection of greenery objects is settlements and in the countryside. Applied research in the field of restoration of monuments of garden and landscape architecture and introduction of new field technologies is also important.
More at: www.zf.mendelu.cz
What will you do?
- teach in selected exercises of the courses Floristic Studio I to IV, Plant Arrangement I, II and Floristic Operation
- participate in conducting professional practice within the course Practice in the FH MENDELU campus for students of the Floristic Design programme
- collaborate in the preparation of on-line materials for teaching students of the above mentioned courses
- participate in active search, preparation and solution of grant projects, participate in existing projects
- assist with the preparation and management of public events (exhibition activities)
- carry out professional work for scientific research activities
What are our requirements?
- completion of a bachelor's degree and the expectation of starting or already starting a master's degree
- practical experience in creative activities in the field of floristry (e.g. working in a floristry business unit, independent floristry work, working in the exhibition segment, etc.)
- ability to teach in Czech and English
- knowledge of a range of plants with an emphasis on flowers
- knowledge of floristry techniques, knowledge of the possibilities of purchasing flowers for floristry
- driving licence for cars with active driving ability
What else do we appreciate (what is an advantage)?
- ability to work independently, constructively and responsibly
- positive attitude towards students, ability to enthuse them for professional tasks and activities
- a very good level of oral and written expression
- ability to work as part of a team
- a proactive approach to problem solving
- knowledge of the university environment an advantage
What can we offer you?
- a friendly team of people
- very good background for creative activities in the field of floral design
- possibility to participate in the scientific activities of the department
- opportunity for career growth and personal development
- cooperation with foreign countries, educational activities, participation in conferences, seminars, etc.
- Welcome Office assistance
- 8 weeks of holiday
- support for work-life balance
- food allowance (Meal vouchers/Canteen)
- discounted MultiSport card
- ITIC card with which you can benefit from various discounts
- the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of the university environment, such as sports courses at the Sports Activities Centre, the Counselling and Careers Centre, recreation centres, libraries and the purchase of university products
- university kindergarten, summer day camps for children of employees
- employer contribution to a pension or life insurance after 3 years of employment
Job status: 1,0 (40 hours per week)
Expected start: February 2024
Employment contract: for a fixed term of 1 year with the possibility of extension
Place of work: Lednice, Czech Republic
Are you interested in the position and would you like to become a member of the Faculty of Horticulture?
- professional CV
- cover letter
- a portfolio listing publications or significant creative activities
How does the recruitment process look like at our university? Find out on orlz.mendelu.cz/en/selection-procedure
Find out what makes #BRNOREGION the perfect place to live (brnoregion.com/en/).
We look forward to meeting you!