The Rector of the University of Ostrava is seeking to recruit a new
- Research group leader / Scientist, who is keen to propose and implement an independent research project at the University of Ostrava.
What we want?
We encourage applications for the position of a Research group leader from scientists with interests consistent with those of the University of Ostrava (for the main Research initiatives see www.osu.eu/research-initiatives, for other research areas see below the list of research initiatives at the Faculties) and a desire to build their own independent research program within an progressively growing, interactive, and supportive research environment.
The Research group leader will be responsible for:
- establishing a research team (at least one of the members of the research team has to be a current scientist from the University of Ostrava);
- supervising and mentoring members of the newly established research team;
- advancing the selected research topic;
- ensuring implementation of world-class standards of research.
What we offer?
The selected applicant will be offered a Research group leader position for a period of 3 years with the possibility of extension, and a start-up grant of 10 mil CZK (approx. 370 000 EUR). The start-up grant funding includes the Research group leader position as well as additional research positions, relocation costs (including cost for family relocation), mobility budget and operating costs.
What we expect?
A. Mandatory results of the Start-up grant:
- the establishment of a new research team, which will include at least 1 scientist (R3 scientist) who is already working at the University of Ostrava;
- the affiliation of all research outputs that will be produced by the research team to the University of Ostrava.
- Basic requirements for the applicants:
- applicant is expected to be or to have been an ERC grant holder or „ERC reserve A“ / „ERC unfunded A“ holder;
- a non-EU applicant is expected to be or to have been a holder of a major research project (comparable with ERC projects) related to a research field within the UO research initiatives and is expected to have a high citation score on the Web of Science (Highly Cited Researcher).
- High English language proficiency (C1 at min. according to CEFR).
- EU research level: R4 – leader.
- Strong management skills and leadership competencies.
C. List of Documents Required from the Applicant in the English language:
- Research project proposal for the Start-up grant should consist of:
- synopsis of the research project for the Star-up grant (statement of the research problem, purpose/significance of proposed research and research goals and recent state of research in the proposed research problem)
- proposed research outputs
- specification of infrastructure that will be needed for this research
- general specification of research team.
- professional CV with an overview of research outputs highlighting 5 most important publications with the highest impact on the scientific community;
- documents proving previous education/qualifications;
- consent to the processing of personal data for the purposes of the selection procedure.
What you should know?
Expected start date of the Start-up grant:
- Q3-Q4/2023 based on the personal abilities.
- Part time or full-time employment (we expect at least 0.5 FTE).
Contract of employment
- Fixed-term contract (for 36months) with the possibility of extension.
Language in which the selection process will be conducted
Application and Required Documents from the Applicant
- The structured professional CV with an overview of research outputs, research project proposal (see List of Documents Required from the Applicant in the English language above), motivation letter, documents proving previous education, and a signed consent form regarding the processing of personal data for the purposes of the selection procedure HERE are to be sent to the following address:JUDr. Jana Pająk, LL.M.
Head of Centre for Human Resource Management
- Selection procedure
The first round of the selection procedure will take place without the personal presence of the applicants by the assessment of the submitted materials by the selection committee. Based on the committee´s decision, only selected applicants will be invited to the interview (on-line). The selection committee may contact candidates and conduct an online interview in the first round.In the second round the candidates will present their projects in an on-line session with the selection committee. A power-point presentation is expected.The Rector of the University of Ostrava reserves the right to invite only selected applicants to a personal/on-line interview and also the right to not select any applicant. The Rector of the University of Ostrava may also cancel or repeat the selection procedure.
If your project is not selected as successful for the support by the Start-up grant, there could still be a job opportunity for you at the University of Ostrava.
JUDr. Jana Pająk, LL.M.
Head of Centre for Human Resource Management
D. Research initiatives at the Faculties
Faculty of Social Studies
Faculty of Education
Faculty of Science
Faculty of Medicine
Faculty of Arts
Faculty of Fine Arts and Music
Centre IT4Innovations - Institute for Research and Applications of Fuzzy Modelling