Multiphase flows represent significant part of industrial process including microbial fermentations, emulsification process of polymerization processes. All these systems are characterized with interaction of continuous and dispersed phases significantly affecting mass and momentum transfer, as well as properties of the final product. Within this PhD thesis the candidate will be responsible for modelling of gas-liquid and gas-liquid-solid systems occurring during fermentation process or during polymerization when gaseous monomer is used. Developed models will be validated against our own experimental data collected in laboratory-scale systems.
- Immediate start
- Work in a dynamic international research team
- Access to state-of-the-art simulation programs
- Employee benefits (i.e. catering allowance, language courses, institutional childcare)
- Low cost of living in tolerant, progressive and secure country with rich cultural and natural heritage
- Work in the heart of Europe with convenient transport connections to the whole world
We are looking for
- Highly motivated PhD candidate with excellent research experience
- Master degree in chemical or mechanical engineering
- Proven hands-on knowledge of CFD modelling
- Capability to code (writing its own subprogram in Fortran, Matlab, Python, C++).
- Pro-active, flexible and responsible colleague with a collaborative mindset
- Excellent command of English (level B2 or higher)
- Organizational, communication and presentation skills
- Starting date January 2023 or earlier
How to apply
Applications are accepted until the position is filled. Selected candidates will be invited for an online interview where further details regarding the position and the research project will be discussed.
About UCT Prague
The University of Chemistry and Technology Prague (UCT Prague) is one of the largest Central European educational and research centers performing cutting-edge research focused on chemistry, chemical and biochemical technologies, material and chemical engineering, food science, environmental studies and related disciplines. UCT Prague collaborates with more than 100 academic institutions worldwide, is active in industrial R&D and technology transfer.
Some of UCT Prague programs are unique to the Czech Republic and essential to the country’s future. UCT ranked as the 3rd best Czech university in the Nature Index 2020 Rankings and 2nd in the QS World University Rankings 2021 and 2022. The small student-to-academic instructor ratio, allowing for individual support and inherent involvement of students in the research process, earned UCT 26th place in the world and 1st in Czechia in this aspect of rankings.