The Institute of Physics, of the Czech Academy of Sciences is a leading public research institution located in Prague (Czech Republic), that is focused on fundamental and applied research in physics. FZU is the largest institute of the Czech Academy of Sciences with more than 1300 employees. At the Department of Optical and Biophysical Systems, we conduct cutting edge research in the areas of innovative coating materials, biomedical applications, and advanced optical techniques, with extensive national and international collaborations with academia and industry. We offer an international, cooperative, and multidisciplinary research environment that allows to tackle problems from different perspectives and to go beyond the obvious.
A re-novated Laboratory of thin-films at the department is looking for Postdocs with interest in piezoelectric thin films. You will be a member of a multidisciplinary scientific team solving a variety of problems in the field of Experimental studies and modeling of piezoelectric and ferroelectric properties of thin films.
Thin films are grown by pulsed laser deposition, and their crystal structure and functional responses are investigated by numerous techniques available at FZU and in the frame of international cooperation.
Piezo- and ferro-properties will be characterized by a double-beam laser interferometer equipped with ferroelectric tester (DBLI TF2000, aixACCT).
- Measurements on DBLI TF2000, systematization of the data, analysis of the results, modeling (optional).
- Regular reporting in scientific publications.
- Interaction with researchers working on synthesis and materials characterization of the films.
- Background in piezoelectricity, ferroelectricity.
- Proven ability to perform independent research and efficiently publish research results.
- Intermediate English level at least (sufficient for scientific publications and communications).
- Previous experience in scientific instrumentation development.
- Creativity and analytical thinking.
- Sound verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Working in an international, creative, collaborative, and friendly environment of the newly established research group
- Cutting-edge research topics with high application potential
- Stimulating supervision supporting creative freedom
- Unique research facilities
- Training and development possibilities (soft skills, language courses)
- Active participation in international workshops and conferences
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Home office mode
- Benefits such as Multisport card, cooperate kindergarten, etc.
More information is available at: Why FZU?
Terms of employment:
The initial period of employment is 1 year, the trial period is included and long-term cooperation is required. The start depends on the agreement.
Information on the processing of personal data can be found on the FZU website, at: https://www.fzu.cz/o-fzu/uredni-deska/zpracovani-osobnich-udaju.
Please send your CV (1-2 pages PDF), motivation letter (1-page A4 PDF), and any publication record to the email address below.
Contact: Petra Kratochvílová, HR partner, Cell phone: +420 607 240 074,