Technician in molecular biology is wanted for a newly established research group of Lenka Caisova at the Institute of Plant Molecular Biology (IPMB, www.umbr.cas.cz/en/), Biology Centre of the Czech Academy of Sciences (BC, www.bc.cas.cz) in České Budějovice.
Workplace: Institute of Plant Molecular Biology
Employment relationship: Employment contract
Job type: Technician
Job status: Full-time
Job starting date: 1. 4. 2024
Application deadline: 31. 1. 2024
The technician will join a new research group of Lenka Caisova focused on plant terrestrialization.
• have completed at least bachelor degree in life sciences. More senior applicants holding a PhD degree are also strongly encouraged to apply.
• experience in plant molecular biology techniques
• knowledge of algal cell cultures is a plus
• have strong organizational skills, reliability and a sense of responsibility
• have excellent communication skills
• strong attention to detail and accuracy
• be a team player
• be interested in learning new methods
• should be fluent in English (oral and written)
• full time position for two years (between 2024-2025) with possibility of extension
• opportunity for lifelong learning and professional growth
• English speaking, stimulating, and friendly environment
• campus-based day care for children from the age of 1 year
Other employment benefits
• 5 weeks of paid holiday yearly (for 1 FTE)
• subsidized lunches in our own canteen
• standard health insurance and social security
• benefits from Social fund
• working in a stable, prestigious research institution of international importance
• welcome service and further support for foreigners (HR Award)
• work-life balance in a middle-sized university city offering options for outdoor, sport & cultural activities
• free language classes (Czech for foreigners, English for Czechs)
• opportunity to take part in mentoring programmes as a mentor or a mentee
• concessionary services at the contractual operator and bank
The Biology Centre is located in České Budějovice (2 hours south of the capital Prague), a middle-sized city with ca. 100K inhabitants, relaxed atmosphere, over 750 years of tradition and a breathtaking countryside around. Both the town and the surrounding countryside provide numerous opportunities for research and leisure activities. There is also a growing international expert community at the Biology Centre CAS (BC CAS) and the University of South Bohemia (USB). In addition, the living costs are still low by international standards. Check out our Guide for Expats (https://www.bc.cas.cz/en/employees) to read about life in the city and the Czech Republic.
The Biology Centre of the Czech Academy of Sciences holds the HR Award. Our selection process meets European standards for recruitment of researchers (https://www.bc.cas.cz/en/employees/candidates/otm-r/) and we provide our employees from abroad with welcome service (visa application, administration, relocation & settlement support). Gender equality plan (https://www.bc.cas.cz/en/about-us/gender-equality) has been accepted in 2022.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your motivation letter (max 1 page), structured CV including contacts of two referees (max 2 pages), and diploma via our official website: https://jobs.bc.cas.cz/en/detail/178 by 31 January 2024 23:59 CET.
All documents in the application should be in English. Interviews with selected applicants will be held after the application deadline.