PLANT GROWTH SPECIALIST
Workplace: Institute of Plant Molecular Biology
Employment relationship: Employment contract
Job type: Technician
Job status: Full-time
Job starting date: 1. 1. 2023
Application deadline: 28. 11. 2022
Plant growth specialist is wanted for a newly established ERA Chair support team at the Institute of Plant Molecular Biology (IPMB, www.umbr.cas.cz/en/), Biology Centre of the Czech Academy of Sciences (BC, www.bc.cas.cz) in České Budějovice.
Min. education level: Secondary education
- are highly motivated individuals with experience in research infrastructure for plant cultivation (growth chambers, growth banks, etc.)
- are familiar with daily operation of research infrastructure
- have experience in setting of conditions for cultivation, pest control, etc.
- are dedicated to providing excellent service for researchers
- speak Czech and English
- full time position for five years (2023-2027) with possibility of extension
- tentative starting date (negotiable) on 01 Jan 2023
- opportunity for lifelong education and professional growth
- opportunity to take part in mentoring programmes
- opportunity to network with specialists from other research institutions
- English speaking, stimulating and friendly environment
- HR Excellence in Research Award, implemented European standards in human resources
Other employment benefits
- 1 extra week of holiday, i.e. 5 weeks of paid holiday per year in total
- subsidized lunches in our own canteen
- benefits from Social fund, support of leisure time activities
- working in a stable, prestigious research institution of international importance
- free language classes – Czech for foreigners, English for Czechs
- concessionary mobile tariff at the contractual operator
- concessionary banking services at the contractual bank
More about planned research within the ERA Chair program here: https://www.umbr.cas.cz/en/news-and-events/news-detail/6586-biology-centre-will-strengthen-plant-research/
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your (1) motivation letter and (2) structured CV including previous activities and other relevant output as well as contacts for two references (max 4 pages) via the REPLY button at our official site https://jobs.bc.cas.cz/en/detail/131 by 28 November 2022 23:59 CET. All documents in the application should be in English.
Interviews with selected applicants will be held after the application deadline.