Mendel University in Brno announces a selection procedure for the position of academic staff member:
Assistant Professor or Associate Professor for the Institute of Food Technology
Research field: Issues of evaluation and processing of milk and production of dairy products
The Institute of Food Technology has at its disposal pilot laboratories and a number of employees who master both food processing technologies and analytical methods necessary for the food industry. At the same time, we have an overview of trends in the development of new processes and products. This is the basis that allows us to combine the attributes of an academic and a specialist who is close to commercialization and practical production. See more at: http://foodtechmendelu.cz/
What will you do?
- teaching including preparation of materials (exercises, field exercises and excursions, selected lectures) of subjects focusing on the evaluation of quality parameters of milk, milk processing, production and evaluation of dairy products
- supervision of student final theses (bachelor, diploma, doctoral)
- active scientific-research creative activity in the given area of workplace research (writing grant applications, publication of results in scientific periodicals, presentation of scientific-research activity at conferences and the public)
What do we require from you?
- higher education Ph.D. in a study program/field required for teaching and research in the field of evaluation of quality parameters of milk, milk processing, production and evaluation of dairy products (properties and processing of agricultural materials and products, Zootechnics, etc.)
- excellent knowledge of Czech and English for teaching and publishing
- experience with publishing in professional journals with an impact factor and registered in the Web of Science database
- experience in quality assessment research and milk processing and/or production and quality assessment of dairy products
- knowledge of evaluation of the quality and processing of milk and/or production and evaluation of the quality of dairy products
What else do we appreciate?
- excellent communication skills - to be able attract attention and engage the audience of listeners
- the ability to give lectures, conduct seminars - interest in effectively passing on acquired knowledge and skills to students
- positive and proactive approach
- ability to come up with new ideas and innovate existing solutions
- good orientation in the university environment
What can we offer you?
- 8 weeks holiday
- very diverse and interesting academic and scientific research environment
- the possibility of professional growth and development, training and courses
- meal allowance (Edenred Restaurant Card/Canteen)
- discounted MultiSport Card
- employer's contribution to pension or life allowance insurance after 3 years of employment
- advantages of the university environment, such as sports courses of the Center for Sports Activities, Counseling and Professional Center, libraries (these activities are mostly free)
- ITIC card with which you will have various discounts
- university kindergarten, summer suburban camps for employees' children
- work in an institution that has received the HR Excellence in Research Award from the European Commission
Expected start: January 2023 or according to mutual agreement, fixed-term employment contract for 2 year (1.1.2023 do 31.12.2024)
Job status: 1,0 (40 hours/week)
Place of work: Brno
Are you interested in the position and would you like to become a member of the team?
Send an electronic application to the Department of Human Resource Management of Mendel University in Brno by December 6th, 2022, supported by:
- professional CV
- cover letter
- list of Jimp publications in the Web of Science database for the last 5 years
- overview of academic teaching
How the recruitment process look like at our university? Find out on https://orlz.mendelu.cz/en/selection-procedure