The group of Dr. Červinka at the University of Chemistry and Technology Prague, Czechia (@CervinkaGroup, https://sites.google.com/view/cervinkagroup) is looking for a Post-doctoral fellow in the field of computational chemistry.
This position is opened in connection to a JUNIOR STAR research project funded by the Czech Science Foundation. The post-doc fellow will work on implementation of a simulation engine combining ab initio calculations of non-covalent interactions, Monte Carlo simulation sampling, and machine learning. Primary focus of the project is laid on organic materials with potential to behave as semiconductors. Relationships among microscopic structure of both crystalline and amorphous solids, non-covalent interactions therein, phase behavior and electronic properties will be searched from first principles.
- Immediate start and long-term work horizon
- Full-time contract
- Six weeks of payed vacation
- Catering allowance
- Work in a dynamic young research team funded by a prestigious national grant
- Access to state-of-the-art computational hardware and software
- Mastering the automation of complex quantum-chemical simulation procedures
- Living in a tolerant and secure country with rich cultural and natural heritage
We are looking for
- Highly motivated post-doctoral fellow with an excellent research profile
- Doctoral degree in physical chemistry, chemical physics, or computational chemistry
- Experience with performing at least one of the following:
- ab initio calculations for condensed systems
- ab initio calculations of non-covalent interactions
- Monte Carlo simulations of phase equilibria
- machine learning in quantum chemistry
- Knowledge of Fortran, Matlab, Python, C++ or similar language.
- Excellent language skills in English (level B2 or higher)
- Responsible and active fellow able to work independently and to supervise younger team members
- Starting date January 2023
How to apply
By providing your personal data in your CV, you give consent to the University of Chemistry and Technology Prague to process and file your CV for the purposes of this selection procedure. At the same time you confirm that your personal data in the submitted CV is true and accurate.