PhD/Postdoc position in organoid-based biotechnology
The Sumbalova Koledova Lab at Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic is looking for a PhD candidate or postdoctoral researcher with an interest in organoid-driven biotechnology to join our efforts in developing novel solutions to human nutrition while tackling environmental challenges of food industry.
We are a group of enthusiastic researchers unravelling fundamental mechanisms of organ formation and tumorigenesis with translational applications towards biotechnology. In our basic research we use an interdisciplinary approach employing organoids, genetic mouse models, single-cell and spatial genomics, state-of-the-art imaging techniques, mathematical modelling, and AI-driven image analysis.
Who are we seeking:
- Highly motivated, passionate, self-driven and creative candidates with MSc/PhD in cell or developmental biology, biotechnology, or related areas
- Candidates with excellent communication skills, who enjoy working in a committed team
- Previous experience with cell and organoid culture or biotechnology background is favourable but not essential
- Opportunity to work on a ground-breaking biotechnology
- Enthusiastic interdisciplinary team
- International collaborations and mobilities
- Support and guidance in individual carer development
- Potential for an active role in a start-up/spin-off enterprise
- Full-time appointment (part-time negotiable) available from January 2023 (flexible start), initially for 2 years with the possibility of an extension.
Your cover letter should describe
a) your most important research contributions, why your research is important and what impact it has had,
b) your research interests and career aspirations and
c) why are you interested in this position.
Please, include contacts for at least two references.
- Applications will be evaluated on a continuous basis.
This advertisement was published first on 6 December 2022.
More information on the Sumbalova Koledova research group: