We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic postdoc to join Stjepan Uldrijan Research Group and decipher the molecular mechanisms controlling the oncogenic RAS/RAF/MEK/ERK signaling in malignant melanoma cells under metabolic stress, particularly the crosstalk between the AMPK and ERK signaling pathways. The ambitious project builds partly on our previously published findings (Verlande et al. EMBO Rep. 2018 Feb;19(2):320-336) and more recent unpublished discoveries. The successful applicant will use various molecular and cell biology techniques – e.g., confocal microscopy, molecular cloning, flow cytometry, site-directed mutagenesis, expression profiling, proteomics, and immunoprecipitations.
More information about the group is available at: https://biology.med.muni.cz/en/research/stjepan-uldrijan-group/about.
Interested candidates must fulfill the following criteria:
- Hold a Ph.D. degree (or equivalent) in Molecular biology, biochemistry, or a similar field, obtained within the last seven years;
- Performed biomedical research or was a Ph.D. student outside the territory of the Czech Republic for at least two whole years in the last three years, with a working time of at least 0.5 full-time equivalent;
- Have a publication record proving experience in biomedical research – at least three research articles published in the last three years listed by the Web of Science, with IF above the field median (at least two of the articles in Q1).
Additional requirements and selection criteria:
- Relevant experience in molecular cell biology, cell energy metabolism, and cancer cell signaling. (Experience in drug or nanoparticles synthesis and drug, nanoparticles, or natural products cytotoxicity/activity testing on cancer cell lines will not be considered relevant for this research project.)
- Hands-on experience with various biochemical and molecular biology techniques relevant to the planned research.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to work in a team.
- Fluency in spoken and written English (at level C1 or higher).
- Quality of the published research and applicant’s contribution to the articles.
- Independence and enthusiasm.
Masaryk University offers:
- An exciting job in a dynamically-expanding university area;
- A professional but friendly research team;
- Full support of the administrative and project offices;
- The support of the international office for the successful applicant and their family;
- Flexible working hours
Anticipated start date: The position is available from July 2023 or upon agreement
The submission deadline is 28th February 2023.
Please submit e-application at the website: https://www.muni.cz/en/about-us/careers/vacancies/75688.
The application should include the following:
- A CV including a list of published research papers
- names and contact details of three senior scientists willing to provide a reference;
- A motivation letter;
- A Ph.D. diploma (diplomas from foreign institutions outside the EU may require official recognition);
- Documents confirming that the candidate worked or studied for a Ph.D. at least two whole years in the last three years outside the territory of the Czech Republic.
A review of applications will start immediately after the deadline. Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview within one month of the deadline.
Further information about: