The Faculty of Science, Charles University (Prague, Czech Republic) invites applications for a Research Fellow position in the Department of Physical and Macromolecular Chemistry. The position is funded by European DESIRED project on Direct co-processing of CO2 & water to sustainable multicarbon energy products in novel photocatalytic reactor (https://desired-project.eu/).
The position is open for experimental chemist with a strong background in electrocatalysis and photoelectrocatalysis. The research will focus on development of novel materials for CO2 conversion into value-added products. We offer work in the international research group at the world-known Charles University.
- Ph.D. or other appropriate level 8 ISCED (International Standard Classification of Education) qualification completed within the last seven years.
- The applicant must have had at least 2 published, peer-reviewed research outputs in the last 3 years.
- All research activities will be conducted in English; knowledge of the Czech language is not required.
- Advanced level of written and spoken English required.
- Selection will be based on the relevance of candidates, professional interests and experience and on excellence in research achievements.
Position duration, starting date and remuneration:
- The starting day is 1. 3. 2023, however, this date is flexible.
- The gross monthly salary is 2100 EUR and benefits, including health insurance and social insurance coverage.
Required application materials:
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum vitae with the list of publications
- Contact details for 2 referees (for references)