The group of Milan Vrabel at IOCB Prague is looking for a postdoctoral candidate who will join a project currently funded by an ERC Proof of Concept grant (CHEMCELL). We are looking for an enthusiastic person with strong background in cancer immunology, biology of natural killer (NK) cells and experience with relevant mouse models. The aim of the project is to evaluate (both in vitro and in vivo) the potential of a newly developed methodology enabling engineering of immune cells for their use in targeted cancer immunotherapy.
- PhD degree in (cancer) immunology or similar
- Publication-proven experience with relevant mouse models
- Ability to work in a team but independently
- Good proficiency in spoken and written English
- Competitive salary with the option to apply for a postdoctoral fellowship
- Full-time contract
- 5 weeks of vacation plus 3 sick days
- Health insurance and a full benefits package incl. contribution to supplementary pension insurance and contribution to sports/culture/leisure time
- Meals subsidy
- Financial support for mothers with young children
- Work in the stunning city of Prague at a well-equipped scientific institute with excellent infrastructure
- The position is available as of March - April 2023
- The position is initially available for 1 year with the possibility of extension
How to apply:
Applications will be reviewed and considered until the position is filled.
The Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry of the Czech Academy of Sciences / IOCB Prague is a leading internationally recognized scientific institution whose primary mission is the pursuit of basic research in chemical biology and medicinal chemistry, organic and materials chemistry, chemistry of natural substances, biochemistry and molecular biology, physical chemistry, theoretical chemistry, and analytical chemistry. An integral part of the IOCB Prague’s mission is the implementation of the results of basic research in practice. Emphasis on interdisciplinary research gives rise to a wide range of applications in medicine, pharmacy, and other fields.